ADSM-L

Re: Moving Node Data

1997-06-09 08:24:51
Subject: Re: Moving Node Data
From: Kirsten Gloeer <Kirsten.Gloeer AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:24:51 +0200
> Hello ADSMers,
> We currently have a non-collocated 3490 tape storage pool which is used to
> store data for most of our nodes. Now we would like to use a new
> non-collocated 3590 tape pool for a select group of nodes. I know that
> changing the 'destination' parameter in the copygroup will send new backup
> data to the 3590 pool. The question I have is how to move the existing
> backup data that is on the 3490 tape pool to the new 3590 pool. Are there
> any 'undocumented' commands that will allow me to move data for a specific
> node on a volume?
> By the way, our ADSM server is 2.1.0.9 running on AIX 4.1.4.

We also wanted to backup some nodes "A*" to a 3590 tape storage pool and
all the other nodes to the 3490 tape storage pool. We created a new
domain "domain3590" with the "copy domain old_domain domain3590" command.
Furthermore, we created a
3590pool and a 3590tapepool and associated these storage pools with
the the copygroup in the domain "domain3590". We associated the nodes
A* with the new domain "domain3590". When the active policy set in the
domain domain3590 doesn't have a management class with the same name as
in the old_domain the files in the old domain are rebound to the
new management class.

It is also possible to rebind files to another management class
by specifying it in the include-exclude list, using the dirmc option
or activating another management class with another name.

Best regards,
Kirsten.

Kirsten Gloeer                  e-mail: kirsten AT nic DOT de
Kirsten Gloeer                  e-mail: kirsten AT nic DOT de
University of Karlsruhe         Phone:  +49 721 608-6156
Computing Center                Fax:    +49 721 373741
Zirkel 2
76128 Karlsruhe
Germany