ADSM-L

Re: Moving Node Data

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Re: Moving Node Data
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 6/9/97 12:48PM
Be careful with this suggestion - if there is nothing "special" about =
this
node, then this will work.  But deleting all of the old files will =
delete
Archived files, as well as any other copies of old files that no longer =
exist
("Only copies" that might be kept for longer periods of time).  You may =
wish
to wait a while before deleting the original backups.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

______________________________ Forward Header =
__________________________________
Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    6/9/97 12:48 PM

I believe the easiest way by far is simply to use Admin to rename the =
node
you wish to move from "nodename" to "nodename-old", and leave the =
nodename
in your dsm.opt unchanged. This means you'll do a full backup the next =
time
you do an incremental, but, at our shop, that's more efficient than =
doing a
tape-to-tape copy. Then after a week or so, you can delete the =
file-spaces
for "nodename-old", and then "nodename-old" itself.

Bob Siska
National Computer Systems
Iowa City IA
Bob_Siska AT ncs DOT com
"Let's pretend you're Sherman and I'm Mister Peabody..."