ADSM-L

Disaster test

1997-04-04 09:25:26
Subject: Disaster test
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:25:26 EST
I'm going to do a disaster recovery test of one client where I mark the
tapes belonging to that client destroyed, and bring the copy pool
tapes onsite and mark them READO.  Does this mean these tapes are
no longer considered copy pool tapes, and thus I could use the MOVE
DATA commands to prestage these tapes to the disk pool, and have a
much faster restore?  Since these tapes are non-collocated, is there
a way to just move the data belonging to the one node?   Any ideas?
Thanks!
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM