ADSM-L

NT Backup/Recovery

1996-12-09 22:05:21
Subject: NT Backup/Recovery
From: Paul Schwartz <71421.1614 AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:05:21 EST
To all,

We are currently trying to implement ADSM for backing up remote NT servers over
a frame-relay network. We have run into a variety of problems including:

1. Long delay querying the ADSM database to find a file to restore.
2. Backup failures due to TCP/IP disconnects (although no other devices are
affected).
3. Issues with open databases, such as Exchange and SQL-Server.

Are there any other customers out there who have done this or who are attempting
to do this?  I would like to share experiences if possible.

Thanks,
Paul Schwartz
Alliant Foodservice
602-496-5545