ADSM-L

ADSM Database and Recovery log recovery

1996-12-09 17:15:47
Subject: ADSM Database and Recovery log recovery
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:15:47 -0500
Hi there,

We are currently in the design phase of ADSM where ADSM server is running on an
RS/6000 running AIX 3.2.5 with clients ranging from AIX 3.2.5 to 4.1.x servers
with the inclusion of Sun Sparcs, Novell, NT, SCO, and Lotus Notes.

We would like to know the best practices in the industry regarding mirroring of
ADSM database backup and recovery log, i.e. whether to use ADSM based mirroring
or to utlize mirroring offered by AIX of the physical volume where database
resides?

Thanks in advance,

Naveed.