nv-l

RE: [nv-l] trap format not right!

2005-02-22 10:46:50
Subject: RE: [nv-l] trap format not right!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:46:18 -0800 (PST)
James,
Many thanks.. You are right.. I agree whatever you
said. First of all, the mibs attachment did not get
throu' may be b'cause they were big in size..
The trap below is from TEC and as you said there is no
"NO FMT found in trapd". This means trap was formatted
at Netview. Even i felt the same that there is some
problem at source Nokia sending trap.
What i expected was to get the message in some sort of
decent format saying " Link down or Up" instead of
belwo trap with OID etc. I guess there is a way to
change that..
There are bunch of Nokia devices which are coming in
with 0.0.0.0. and these devices are coming from
devices which are in DMZ..
Thanks again..
Larry