nv-l

RE: [nv-l] trap format not right!

2005-02-22 09:54:42
Subject: RE: [nv-l] trap format not right!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:54:01 -0800 (PST)
BIll,
THnaks for replying. Here is what i did. Attached are
the two MIBs 1.NOKIA-IPSO-SYSTEM-MIB.txt 2. IF-MIB.txt
I ran command as below.
mib2trap NOKIA-IPSO-SYSTEM-MIB.txt nokia.sh
nokia.baroc.
This command ran fine without errors and created
nokia.sh with add trap which i executed and loaded
mibs.
Now when i ran IF-MIB.txt as below:
mib2trap IF-MIB.txt if.sh
I got errors saying Enterprise ID not found. So i
picked up -i from nokia.sh and added in the if.sh and
executed the addtrap to load mibs.
IS this right?
Also i noticed in trapd.log, the hostname of the nokia
device is 0.0.0.0. and even the origin.
Many thanks for helping me out guys..
Larry