nv-l

Re: [nv-l] How to make appear in IP map something in the object datbase?

2003-11-19 15:34:57
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to make appear in IP map something in the object datbase?
From: igastelu AT unm DOT edu
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:24:12 -0700
Thanks both Oliver James,  Yes I am running on Windows and I have seen
that the documentation for it is very limited when compared to the
manuals for Unix, so I am taking some time to read the Unix manuals.

I followed James advice(the same as yours Oliver), but the default map
was still the same, the nodes did not appeared.

With a trial and error process in the GUI, I selected one of the
subnets (symbol)where the hosts should appear,  then went to    Object -
> Discover and then the subnet symbol changed from brown to green and
all the hosts appeared.

What is the sequence of things that this triggered, I do not know, but
it did what I was trying to do...  Of course I would like to make the
maps refresh automatically so this should not be the way of doing it.

Thanks guys for your help.

I will take a look at new discovered host in the ObjDB and see if I can
locate them in the map.

Inaki