nv-l

Re: [nv-l] How to make appear in IP map something in the object datbase?

2003-11-14 23:26:59
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to make appear in IP map something in the object datbase?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:16:59 -0500

When you display the object info, there are two fields to look for: 'maps exists' and 'maps managed'. Check those numbers. If it says that the object exists in a map, then you must not be searching for it correctly. Try 'Locate..Object...by Attribute', scroll through the list until you find 'IP Address', and enter the address you are expecting, chose 'Exact match'. That should take you to the object. If you have more than one map (the default map is called 'default') then check both maps. Things deleted from one map cannot be rediscovered until they are deleted from all maps.

If the fields do not exist, then the object has not yet been placed on the map. Time for housekeeping. Use ovmapcount and ovtopofix (see the man pages) and close and open the map. Do the search again.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

igastelu AT unm DOT edu
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

11/14/2003 07:15 PM
Please respond to nv-l