nv-l

[nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 supports LINUX too

2002-04-05 13:05:21
Subject: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 supports LINUX too
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:05:21 -0500
 I said in my last posting on 7.1.1 that the new feature was the Language
Kits.   That was not entirely true.

7.1.1 is the first distributed NetView to support Linux as an operating
system. The supported current versions of Linux are  Red Hat and Suse  7.1
(just a coincidence on those numbers) for the Intel  platform.

There is also a version which supports  Suse 7.0 for zLinux on the IBM
mainframe.  The mainframe version ships as part of NetView/390   5.1 ( if
that is the right nomenclature -- the renaming of mainframe products from
390 to "z" this or that has me confused).

The Linux versions most closely resemble NetView for Solaris, except that
there is no MLM and no APM support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group