nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 supports LINUX too

2002-04-25 14:24:44
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 supports LINUX too
From: Luc BARNOUIN <luc.barnouin AT thalesatm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:24:44 +0200
James Shanks a écrit :
 I said in my last posting on 7.1.1 that the new feature was the Language
Kits.   That was not entirely true.

7.1.1 is the first distributed NetView to support Linux as an operating
system. The supported current versions of Linux are  Red Hat and Suse  7.1
(just a coincidence on those numbers) for the Intel  platform.

There is also a version which supports  Suse 7.0 for zLinux on the IBM
mainframe.  The mainframe version ships as part of NetView/390   5.1 ( if
that is the right nomenclature -- the renaming of mainframe products from
390 to "z" this or that has me confused).

The Linux versions most closely resemble NetView for Solaris, except that
there is no MLM and no APM support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Hi James,

Current platform : Tivoli NV 6.0.3, Tru64 UNIX

I'm studying porting of our solution on Linux platform, and therefore I'll need a Linux release of Tivoli Netview. Regarding your mail, I can see it is now availabIe on Intel Linux platform. However, I have some additional questions :

  • Except the two above limitations (MLM, APM), are there any other functionality's that have not been ported (ruleset editor, web server ...?).
  • Are any other Linux distribution planned to be supported (Power PC platform, ...)
  • What is the hardware requirement to support a Linux based Netview server (small network configuration, i.e. <1000 nodes)
Thanks for pointing me to any available documentation.

Regards
Luc