nv-l

[nv-l] SNA daemon problem

2002-04-05 03:42:41
Subject: [nv-l] SNA daemon problem
From: "Wilkinson, Iain D" <iain.wilkinson AT eds DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:42:41 +0100
I am running Netview 7.1 on AIX 4.3.3 on a test system.  I am getting event
raised about problems in the tralertd and spappld daemons regularly, even
though we have no SNA devices on the network.  There event details are
below.

FATAL: tralertd:Unable to make connection to AIX NetView Service Point
FATAL:spappld is terminating (signal -1)
FATAL:spappld is terminating (signal 15)

I do not know what it is referring to with AIX NetView Service Point  and
cannot find any thing relating to it on the system but the system was used
as a test area by my predecessor and he may have installed something.

Can anyone shed any light on how to stop these errors occurring?

Regards,

Iain

Iain Wilkinson
Electronic Data Systems