nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Adding New Fields to NetView Database

2002-04-03 22:31:43
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Adding New Fields to NetView Database
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:31:43 -0500
I think I ran into some restrictions that convinced me not to use boolean;
also, I always include the 'general' along with the locate capability. So,
string, and general plus locate capability, and it works every time. I use
the fields with the Smartset editor, with the Locate by Attribute function,
with nvdbformat/nvdbimport, and with rulesets, query and set.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                    William.Stringfellow@bankofa

                    merica.com                         To:     nv-l AT
lists.tivoli DOT com
                                                       cc:

                    04/03/2002 08:23 PM                Subject:     [nv-l]
Adding New Fields to NetView Database

Hi all,
     Netview 6.0.3 AIX 4.3.3 ML 09

     I have made up a new field to gather objects to be deleted into a
smartset.

Field "Add to Delete Smartset" {
        Type    boolean;
        Flags   locate;
}

I have successfully (with exception noted in next paragraph) made the
definition in /usr/OV/fields/C, ran ovw -fields,  and have used nvdbimport
to set the field value for a device on my map.

     My problem is:  When running ovw -fields, I get the following error:

Error: Field "Add to Delete Smartset": not a LOCATE field.

     without the locate designation, my new field does not show up in my
list of attributes available to construct the smartset.

     Anybody done this already that can point out what I am overlooking?

          Regards,
          Bill