nv-l

[nv-l] Adding New Fields to NetView Database

2002-04-03 20:23:52
Subject: [nv-l] Adding New Fields to NetView Database
From: William.Stringfellow AT bankofamerica DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:23:52 -0800

Hi all,
     Netview 6.0.3 AIX 4.3.3 ML 09

     I have made up a new field to gather objects to be deleted into a
smartset.

Field "Add to Delete Smartset" {
        Type    boolean;
        Flags   locate;
}

I have successfully (with exception noted in next paragraph) made the
definition in /usr/OV/fields/C, ran ovw -fields,  and have used nvdbimport
to set the field value for a device on my map.

     My problem is:  When running ovw -fields, I get the following error:

Error: Field "Add to Delete Smartset": not a LOCATE field.

     without the locate designation, my new field does not show up in my
list of attributes available to construct the smartset.

     Anybody done this already that can point out what I am overlooking?

          Regards,
          Bill