nv-l

[nv-l] snmpcollect instances NetView NT

2002-04-25 12:05:33
Subject: [nv-l] snmpcollect instances NetView NT
From: "Jordi Soldevila Melgar" <jsoldevila AT es.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:05:33 +0200
Hello,
Has anybody experience in collecting large amount of instances of snmp mib
data with the snmpcollect daemon of NetView for NT?
I'd like to hear from experience what would be a reasonable maximum number
of instances to collect on a NT platform.
Our customer expects to collect more than 5000 instances (nodes x mib
variable x mib variable instances) with a polling of 15 min. We think these
are too many and would like to hear if anybody has experience on gathering
such amount of data on a Windows NT platform.
Thanks,

Jordi Soldevila Melgarejo
IBM ITS (Integrated Technology Services) - 8375
Tel. (34) 93-401.81.00
e-mail: jsoldevila AT es.ibm DOT com