nv-l

[nv-l] Setting # of save lines for dtterm on AIX

2002-04-24 13:56:04
Subject: [nv-l] Setting # of save lines for dtterm on AIX
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:56:04 -0400
Here's an off-topic AIX question.
One of my colleagues is trying to alter the defaults for dtterm on AIX and
cannot figure out how to do it.  She writes:

"When you bring up dtterm on AIX, you get a window and as you do stuff,
lines scroll by. There is a scrollbar so you can scroll up and see the
lines that went by. However, by default, the number of lines you can
scroll back is fairly small. I want to set that number to be much larger.

I found an XTerm book which said you could do that for XTerm by adding the
line XTerm*saveLines: 999 (or whatever) to the .Xresources file in root.
Is there a similar thing to do for dtterm?"

I 'm not familiar enough with the CDE to help.  I let dtterm default and
start my own aixterms  (just like I did for years before the CDE)  from
scripts when I want a customized window.
Anybody else know what to do?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group