nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Setting # of save lines for dtterm on AIX

2002-04-24 14:46:31
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Setting # of save lines for dtterm on AIX
From: "Binder, Karin" <karin.binder AT nwa DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:46:31 -0500
It appears there is, although I don't have CDE on AIX here to test it.  >From
the AIX command reference on dtterm:

saveLines : Specifies the number of lines in the terminal buffer beyond length
of the window. The value consists of a number followed by an optional suffix.
If no suffix is included, or the suffix is l (ell), the total length of the
terminal buffer will be screens plus the length of the terminal window. If the
suffix is s (ess), the total length of the terminal buffer will be (screens
plus one) times the length of the terminal window. dtterm will try to maintain
the same buffer-to-window ratio when the window is resized larger. The default
is 4s.

For CDE on Solaris, the following line may be used in .dtprofile to set the
value.

Dtterm*saveLines:       4s

Hope this helps.
Karin