nv-l

[nv-l] NetView Web Console scopes

2002-04-10 07:09:20
Subject: [nv-l] NetView Web Console scopes
From: "Jose Luis Arbona Orovay" <jarbo AT infocentre.gva DOT es>
To: "nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:09:20 +0200
Hi.

I'm defining scopes in my NetView user definition. I have defined
several of then but when an scoped user accesses through the web console

and tries to open the map the apps opens a dialog saying:  "There are no

open maps. To open a map, start the NetView console or Console daemon on

the netview server", don't allowing her to open any map.

I have to maps in NetView and (following NetView 7.1 Release notes) I
have included two netviewd daemons in NetView start, one for each map.

Randomly probing, I renamed a map to "default" and realunched the
netviewd daemons, an it worked the user was able to enter in the map
with her scope restriction (but only in the default map). I was looking
at the docs but no luck.

Is this a web console restriction ?

Thanks in advance.
Jose Luis