nv-l

RE: Extra IP Symbol in Object Holding Area!?

2001-07-24 13:55:46
Subject: RE: Extra IP Symbol in Object Holding Area!?
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:55:46 -0400
Erwin,
NetView is not recognizing your custom lan0 symbol.
lan0 is an Interface type symbol. It can only be used at the
Node level of submap hierarchy.
If you are using it above that level you will have problems.

Short answer.... Don't use a custom lan0 symbol...
Let NetView discover whatever it is. (KISS method)
Then use the symbol that appears in the "New Object Holding Area"....
(You have turned off Automatic layout)
Change the graphic if you don't like what NetView draws by default.
You don't have to wait 24+ hours.
Delete the specific lan0 interface.
Then, Demand Poll the router that the lan0 interface is connected to and
it should be redrawn immediately.

Don Davis