nv-l

Re: Problems with changing IP Address of Netview server

2001-07-25 00:42:36
Subject: Re: Problems with changing IP Address of Netview server
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:42:36 -0400
I'm puzzled that it would delete things, but it would have to be as a
result of
the configuration polling done at netmon startup. Possible name resolution
differences? Do they have the same /etc/resolv.conf files? Possible
snmp access differences between the test position (sounds like it was good)
and the production postion? Remember that your old production box, at that
same
address, had been running for some time.  Perhaps it  had lost snmp access
some devices, but was not showing the effects of it, and now your new box
is
suffering from the same loss but it IS showing it (because the map is so
nice).
Perhaps there were some nodes that Netview could see 'better' from the new
position, and discarded its old view in favor of the new view? It could be
a number of things. But remember my rule: 99% of the time (well, maybe
90%),
if Netview is doing something goofy, there is something goofy in your
network.

Anybody else?

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

"CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>@tkg.com on
07/24/2001 08:37:57 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com