nv-l

NV and MS Terminal Service...

2001-07-24 12:45:17
Subject: NV and MS Terminal Service...
From: "Kevin Conway" <kconway AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:45:17 -0500
Environment:
Win 2k Server
NV 6.0.2
Win 2k Pro (laptop)

We have started trying access NV through the Windows Terminal Service and
have found a big problem.  NV is running great on the Win 2k Server box;
but, this changes immediately when we run it through the terminal.

Upon loading NV remotely, the "nv.log" file explodes; growing at
~2.5megs/second.  The errors that appear are as follows:

--- failed to connect to netmon's shared memory segment; error: the system
 cannot find the file specified.
--- OpenMutex failed: the system cannot find the file specified.

These two lines are then followed by an error about a pipe to the "trapd"
 thread, saying that the other end is non-existent.  This "pipe" error is
 then repeated a few thousand times per second.  Of course this fills the
 hard drive rather quickly and renders the server useless....

Any ideas?  NV not compatible with the terminal service? We are stumped....

Kevin Conway
I/T Spec. - Network Integ.