nv-l

RE: Command line un-mng objects

2000-11-16 14:40:59
Subject: RE: Command line un-mng objects
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT eastman DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:40:59 -0500
Dean, you can control this in your /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type file. For
example, if your PC's are not running SNMP the line:

DEFAULT_IP: : :U

would discover devices which do not have SNMP as unmanaged. Note - the
spaces between the colons are important. You may also use this "U" to
discover SNMP devices by oid as unmanaged, or as unmanaged by default
(unless specified otherwise). If you are on unix do a "man oid_to_type". You
will need to restart netmon to implement any changes you make.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188