nv-l

Re: Command line un-mng objects

2000-11-16 14:15:21
Subject: Re: Command line un-mng objects
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:15:21 -0500
"Unmanage" cannot be done from a script.  Because it must be done on a
per-map basis, you must have the map open red-write on which the unmanage
is to take place.  Many users ask for this and perhaps it will be available
some day, but unless you want to study the APIs and write your own command
processor to do it, it is not otherwise feasible.  If you feel strongly
about it, you can ask your Tivoli marketing rep or Support to open an
enhancement request for you.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Dean Sullinger <DSullinger AT dot.state.az DOT us> on 11/16/2000 02:00:39 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>