nv-l

NetView Discovery Problem in 6.0.1

2000-09-01 12:44:58
Subject: NetView Discovery Problem in 6.0.1
From: Pagliuca Joseph <Joseph.Pagliuca AT irs DOT gov>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:44:58 -0400
I recently upgraded my system to NV 6.0.1 for NT to solve the SNMP data
collection graphing problem (APAR# IY10046) which worked. However it has
created a new problem.  I have been using seed file discovery/seed nodes
only to control the scope of my network management areas. When I upgraded to
NV 6.0.1 my entire network now gets discovered. I cannot stop or control the
discovery process.  After close examination of the netmontrace log netmon is
using CDP (CISCO router environment) and discovering the next hop routers
then going out and discovering the next hop routers off the pervious
discovered set.  Within minutes I have a mess and routers added I do not
want.  I opened a PMR. This seems like a new bug. Comments/suggestions. I
cannot use the product in this state!
Joe