nv-l

NetView Discovery Problem in 6.0.1

2000-09-05 17:03:34
Subject: NetView Discovery Problem in 6.0.1
From: Lorne_Long AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:03:34 -0400
A code defect that added a hint for all CDP cache entries when
discovery is set to "Seed Nodes Only" has been identified and
corrected.  APAR IY12896 has been opened against NetView for NT.
An emergency fix is available from Tivoli support.

Regards,
Lorne Long
L3 Support for Netview for UNIX/NT
Tivoli Systems

Pagliuca Joseph <Joseph.Pagliuca AT irs DOT gov> on 09/01/2000 12:44:58 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

To:   "'nv-l AT tkg DOT com'" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
Subject:  [NV-L] NetView Discovery Problem in 6.0.1

I recently upgraded my system to NV 6.0.1 for NT to solve the SNMP data
collection graphing problem (APAR# IY10046) which worked. However it has
created a new problem.  I have been using seed file discovery/seed nodes
only to control the scope of my network management areas. When I upgraded
NV 6.0.1 my entire network now gets discovered. I cannot stop or control
the
discovery process.  After close examination of the netmontrace log netmon
is
using CDP (CISCO router environment) and discovering the next hop routers
then going out and discovering the next hop routers off the pervious
discovered set.  Within minutes I have a mess and routers added I do not
want.  I opened a PMR. This seems like a new bug. Comments/suggestions. I
cannot use the product in this state!
Joe