nv-l

Object discovery and auto placement

2000-09-01 09:56:30
Subject: Object discovery and auto placement
From: CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS AT customs.treas DOT gov
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:56:30 -0400
     I was having the problem before that objects were not being found. My
     seedfile end up being the problem. I added a couple of IP addresses of
     machines that are out there to the seedfile and ran netmon -y. My
     objects are being found, however, they are not being placed in the
     locations specified by my location.conf file. As a matter of fact,
     they only show up under a smart collection I created for routers.

     Any ideas??