nv-l

Paging on unacknowledged alarms

1999-12-09 12:56:13
Subject: Paging on unacknowledged alarms
From: Arthur Heinrichs <arthur_heinrichs AT TRANSCANADA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:56:13 -0700
We have the Netview (version 5.1.2 for AIX) console monitored 7x24 but
every once in awhile, an alarm goes unacknowledged for extended
periods.  I would like to make a ruleset that if the operator does not
acknowledge an alarm, perhaps after 10 minutes, then have Netview
automatically send out a page and escalate the issue.  The problem I
have is that I do not know how to test whether or not a "RED" symbol
caused by a trap has been acknowledged.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Art Heinrichs
TransCanada Pipelines