Re: My sincerest apologies
James, knowingly or unknowingly we have all made mistakes. You are an asset
to this list and I would hope that your
manager is aware of this fact and realizes the rippling effect if you are
removed from this list . You have punished yourself enough over this
incident by its shear act and I believe we all learn from our own mishaps.
No one is perfect. I would hate to see you be removed from this list for
any length of time. You are abundant source of information to this forum
and continue to do so without hesitation to all that ask.
I want to personally thank you for all the help you provided me directly or
indirectly by you participating in this forum.
Hewitt Associates, LLC.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM> on 11/08/99 03:42 PM
Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
Subject: My sincerest apologies
To all participants of the NV-L list
I am deeply troubled by the need to send you this note. I have committed a
serious breach of ethics here and I want to tell you personally that I did
mean to do so. I acted thoughtlessly and now I can only hang my head in
I made a joke to one of my colleagues at Mr. Chance's expense. I did not
to do so publicly, but I made a mistake and the email system also returned
blind copy to the NV-L list where the original came from. Now the whole
world can see just how venal and rude I have been.
There really is no excuse for this behavior. I can only say that I am
I that I no one is more aware than I am of how thoughtless my remarks were,
that you are all due this public apology.
My manager has already been notified of this very regrettable situation and
will be withdrawing from the list for some time to consider the harm I have
down, no matter how unintentional. I was thoughtless and irresponsible.
My sincerest apologies to everyone.
I have also sent a private note to Mr. Chance.
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>
- My sincerest apologies, James Shanks
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Ken Garst
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Chuyen Huynh
- Re: My sincerest apologies,
Ken Karasek <=
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Frank W. Hansen
- Re: My sincerest apologies, BAUDOUX BERNARD
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Kim Lundsteen
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Eduardo Vargas
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Bob Stamm
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Gurjit Gill
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Jeff Fitzwater
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Ray Schafer
- Re: My sincerest apologies, Jane Curry