nv-l

Re: "NetView" account on NT -- and Security.

1999-10-01 12:48:32
Subject: Re: "NetView" account on NT -- and Security.
From: Xu He <xuhe AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:48:32 -0700
Here are my answers, Gary, it's based strictly on my
observation.  May be someone from tivoli could comment
on their accuracy.

> 1)  Is the NetView account required     (I assumed
> "yes")

I believe so, certain client function (Specifically
Demand Poll) seem to require that the clients' NetView
ID and Password synchronize with the one on the
server.

> 2)  Does it have to be "NetView" or can it be
> changed to something else.
>         (I see that the NetView Service uses it...
> but it seems that service
>         could use other account/pswd combos)

The service ID can be changed to any ID that has log
on as service privilage.

> 3)  Is there any other info relating to security &
> NetView on NT available.

Not sure, haven't seen one.

Xu

=====