nv-l

"NetView" account on NT -- and Security.

1999-10-01 12:21:19
Subject: "NetView" account on NT -- and Security.
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:21:19 -0700
We've had a few questions here from our Security people in regard to the
NetView
account on NT... and I can't say I really had the concrete answers.

So... here's the questions:

1)  Is the NetView account required     (I assumed "yes")
2)  Does it have to be "NetView" or can it be changed to something else.
        (I see that the NetView Service uses it... but it seems that service
        could use other account/pswd combos)
3)  Is there any other info relating to security & NetView on NT available.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

Gary Boyles, Intel