nv-l

Re: "NetView" account on NT -- and Security.

1999-10-01 13:37:49
Subject: Re: "NetView" account on NT -- and Security.
From: Christopher Short <chsmcs AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:37:49 PDT
Gary,

I have had similiar situations with regard to security.  It appears the the
NetView account is required on the NV server, but you can use the
administrator account and run netview from there if need be.  The data
available on NV for NT secuity has been limiting.  I pulled a data sheet off
the Tivoli Web site called NV51_NT_TECHNICAL NOTES and it had some basic
info that can be helpful.

The users guide for NV on NT has a bit (5 pages) on security with the most
interesting part concerning Client security.

good luck
Christopher H. Short
International Securities Exchange