nv-l

Re: ovtopmd not starting

1998-09-21 16:52:36
Subject: Re: ovtopmd not starting
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:52:36 -0400
I apologize for not including all relevant info. We are running NV v5.1, and
the sourcing of the Tivoli environment did solve the problem.  Well, 1/2 of
the problem.  After sourcing the environment, we could restart Netview.  Now
this is the 2nd time this behavior has happened.  The first time I fixed it
(ovstop, ovstop) I must have had my environment set already.  Ovtopmd will
probably die again.  The reason for the original failure is still unknown.
It does core, and I have already performed a readcore.  If it happens again,
we will open up a PMR and send it over.

Thanks for the quick response.