Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 100% disk to disk

2013-09-11 17:02:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 100% disk to disk
From: Nikos Apostolou <nia AT pronet DOT ms>
To: "wts AT maine DOT edu" <wts AT maine DOT edu>, "Lepley, Michael" <Michael.Lepley AT cbn DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:01:47 +0000

We currently have a customer that is tapeless the last 7 years.

We are using Data Domain as VTL and the common retention is one month. There are backups of 1year and more.

Currently total backup size is more than 450TB with daily backup more than 3T.

Dedup is a life saver since all these data are kept in less than 40TB actual size.

Nikos Apostolou

Systems & Security Engineer