Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.6 client update script

2013-05-02 01:31:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.6 client update script
From: William Brown <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 05:30:46 +0000
While you can push updates from the master in most cases, but as you say only
of the version on the Master, you can always install the software locally.  So
all you need is the package for the correct Linux clients (_R or _S whether
RedHat or SuSe etc).  You can unpack it and then run the update locally.  We
use /var/tmp and create a directory there to work in.  Same with any options
installed on the Client, like Oracle agents.

William