Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade to 7.5.0.4 Solaris sparc client

2013-02-25 18:09:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade to 7.5.0.4 Solaris sparc client
From: su_A_ve <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:09:05 -0800
ARGH!!!

So still a bug... Problem is not with solaris tar, but with a tar application
called STAR (or super tar) which we had used ages ago to do some fast file
transfer.  This was installed in /usr/local/bin/tar and was the directory was
in the preceding path.

So, partly our fault, however, also their fault for not using ${TAR} as they
defined elsewhere instead of just using 'tar'.

Thanks for the pointer...