Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange problem with ORACLE and DB2 backups

2012-02-29 01:14:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange problem with ORACLE and DB2 backups
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:43:11 +0530
Just thought to share the new backup problem with the community. We are yet to come on to the solution, but in case anyone has faced the problem , please provide the solution

We are running AIX 5.3 , 6.1, for the netbackup master and client servers. the problem is   with the AIX servers where ORACLE and DB2 is hosted and we are taking the online backup using the netbackup agent. Netbackup version is 7.1.0.2

Normally , every backup is initiated by the master server on it scheduled time, in case of online database backup,parent and child stream gets generated , which actually writes  the backup on the tape.

But In our case , suddenly all online database  backup started failing with error code 6. After digging the root cause, we found that OS team has upgraded the openssl version from 0.9.8.806 to 12.9.8.1302. Tested the backup after downgrading the openssl to the older version, backup ran fine

We have escalated the case to symantec and will ask them to provide the engineering binary. In case any one has faced the similar issue, please help me to get rid of this.

Rgds
Abhishek Dhingra
OLM ID : A1384552
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com