Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Device Recognition in RHEL5/NBU7

2010-09-24 07:03:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Device Recognition in RHEL5/NBU7
From: "Shekel Tal" <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:39:18 +0100
Did you by any chance zone the devices into multiple HBA ports in the
new config but not the old?
Perhaps you had powerpath, DMP or some kind of multipath software
installed before?

By the way - there shouldn't be any problems with seeing multiple
devices and NB will only use the ones configured and it shouldn't
actually go an configure 16 robots and 400 drives. The device config
wizard will know that some are the same devices - atleast it does in my
environment.

Have you let the device config wizard finish - what does it actually
configure after detecting all the devices?