Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] need help with mass tape copy

2010-09-24 07:34:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] need help with mass tape copy
From: "Shekel Tal" <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>
To: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:45:29 +0100

And remember – when you duplicate images the retention period starts from the beginning

e.g. a retention period of 1 year starting in may is duplicated in august will only expire in august the following year

so if you are scripting the work you may want to check the image retention and modify it when duplicating the image

If I remember correctly NetBackup wont allow you to duplicate the image between media servers – this ensures the traffic is localises to the systems SCSI busses as popped the NW.