Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Device Recognition in RHEL5/NBU7

2010-09-23 09:58:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Device Recognition in RHEL5/NBU7
From: Heathe Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:58:36 -0500
I've just finished building a new NetBackup environment. NBU is 7.0
and the OS is Red Hat Enterprise 5. When I brought up the NBU
interface to configure the libraries, I'm seeing each one of my
libraries multiple times. I have 1 master and 2 media servers. Each
has 4 Qlogic HBAs in them. I've zoned all 4 of the HBAs in the master
and the first 2 in both media (I'm going to use the other 2 HBAs for
SAN clients).

I've double checked my SAN zoning and multipathd config in Red Hat and
everything looks fine to me. I have a feeling this is going to be a
'doh!' moment when I finally figure out the issue.

Anyone else out there running Fibre Channel drives in RHEL? What do
you do to get the OS to just see 1 device with multiple paths instead
of thinking each path = 1 device?

Thanks.

- HKY