Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I inherited a mess.

2010-01-21 13:03:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I inherited a mess.
From: Sagz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:03:21 -0500
wow a lot of great info.

Thanks for the replies.

Here is the story to date:

We found the old robot and drives (ADIC Scalar 100) but we are having trouble
with it (don't know why... its only been sitting for 6 years).  So I'm thinking
of doing a tape import route.

After talking to my vendor they want $14k for a new LTO3 drive and $10k for a
used one.  My boss threw the PO back at me. haha don't blame him.

My major question going forward is this:

These tapes were created under NB 5.1

I'm running 6.5.3

Will they import?

Thanks again for all the replies.