Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Robot Comparison

2009-08-08 02:41:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Robot Comparison
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 02:38:44 -0400
I love the L700's, but after doing a lot of research last year I found that
Storage-Tek was falling behind the technologies.  The front runners for me was
SpectraLogic, and Quantum/ADIC.  We ended up with an Quantum i2000 with 10
LTO4's and 200 slots with plenty of room for future expansion by adding
additional bays.  The SpectraLogic was a very close second and we went with
Quantum because we have a DXi7500 that worked well with it using Direct
Path-To-Tape. The SL3000 wasn't yet available, but from what we were told it
wasn't going to have all the features we liked in the others.

Either way, I'd definitely suggest looking around.