Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault catalog backup hanging - limit reached - queued

2009-08-08 02:36:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault catalog backup hanging - limit reached - queued
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 02:33:26 -0400
I have the same problem with Hot catalog backups hanging with 6.5.3 on Solaris
10.  It's supposedly fixed in 6.5.4; I'll know by the end of next week if it
truly is.

I work around it by waiting until all backups are done, and killing the hung
jobs, then doing an "nbrbutil -resetall". After that I use "robtest" to make
sure all the drives are cleared out, and manually eject any tapes that are
still in the library.  After that 90% of the time, the next Hot catalog backup
is successful.