Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Removing DSU data files.

2009-07-17 10:54:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Removing DSU data files.
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:51:39 +0000
I have a 6.5.3 setup with a Linux Master and a Windows media server.

After configuring a basicdisk DSU, I performed some image expirations
via 'bpexpdate -d 0 <backupid>'.  The catalog information is deleted,
but the files are still in the DSU.  I was expecting that they would be
deleted as part of the expiration process.

I've run some image cleanup jobs and none of them appeared to touch the
files either.

Am I doing something wrong?  How can I get the files to go away when the
image expires?

Thank you!
--
Darren