Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Removing DSU data files.

2009-07-17 11:50:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Removing DSU data files.
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:47:26 -0400
I can think of a few reasons why this might be happening.

1) Don't run bpexpdate commands in quick succession. My NBU servers can
only run one bpexpdate at a time and even after the command returns with
status zero, I still use a "sleep" command to wait 10 seconds before
running the next loop.  Running the same command without the "sleep"
command often causes erratic results.

2) Is this 5.1?  I've got several DSSUs in 5.1 that experience partial
deletes.  I.E. I'll clear the DSSUs once a quarter and I'll find 20 of
75 fragments of some old image still hanging out on the disk space even
though those fragments are no longer listed in the catalog.  Nothing I
can really do about this because my support contracts have expired on
these systems so I just deal with it.

3) Are you using the -copy 1 switch in the bpexpdate?  I'm not sure why,
but on my DSUs this seems to help.

What OS / version is this on?

-Jonathan