Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error Code 57 - Client Connection Refused

2009-05-06 10:36:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error Code 57 - Client Connection Refused
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:33:10 -0500
Verify that the needed ports are open on the windows firewall on the
client server.

This is what the troubleshooting says on the error.

1  For Windows NetBackup servers:
   *  Make sure the NetBackup client software is installed.
   *  Verify that the bpcd and bprd port numbers in the
%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\services file on the server matches
the setting on the client.
   *  Verify that the NetBackup Client Service Port number and NetBackup
Request Service Port number on the Network tab in the NetBackup Client
Properties dialog match the bpcd and bprd settings in the services file.
To display this dialog, start the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface
on the server and click NetBackup Client Properties on the File menu.
   The values on the Network tab are written to the services file when
the NetBackup Client service starts.
   *  Verify that the NetBackup client service is running.
   *  Use the following command to see if the master server returns
correct information for the client:
install_path\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bpclntcmd -pn
2  For UNIX servers:
   *  Make sure the NetBackup client software is installed.
   *  Verify that the bpcd port number on the server (either NIS
services map or in /etc/services) matches the number in the client's
services file.
   *  Run the NetBackup Configuration Validation Utility (NCVU) for the
associated NetBackup nodes. Note the NetBackup services port number
checks in section one.
3  For a Macintosh or NetWare target client, verify that the server is
not trying to connect when a backup or restore is already in progress on
the client. These clients can handle only one NetBackup job at a time.
4  Perform "Resolving network communication problems" in the
Troubleshooting Guide.