Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO4 recognized as DLT

2009-05-06 09:48:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 recognized as DLT
From: sql_noob <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 09:44:46 -0400
hypothetically we aren't going to junk our old ADIC Scalar 1000 and the solaris
server that's running netbackup 6 MP4. we're just going to not use them and/or
shut them down until we need to restore something. Or we're going to put in a
SCSI card in the new server and just run the ADIC to the new server or buy a 1
drive robot with 10 tape slots or so for old restores. not sure yet.

if we end up importing our old DLT tapes into this new installation will it be
a problem? can we just label those tapes hcart or something else?

if we have to completely destroy the test backups we made so far, it's not a
problem since we're still testing.