Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCB Testing

2009-02-09 12:38:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCB Testing
From: "Klebba, Don" <DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:09:53 -0500
We're starting to do some VCB testing in our environment. We're currently
running Netbackup 6.5.2a.
The problem I'm having is, the client that I've been testing with is giving me
status 13 errors (file read).
I'm using option 2 in the snapshot properties. According to Symantec, that
option doesn't work when
Backing up a windows 2008 server, however the server I'm trying to backup is
only 2003. When I change
The snapshot option to (1), full vmdk, the backup works.

Has anyone else seen this, and is a way to get option 2 to work.

Don Klebba
Quicken Loans
Storage Management Team
DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com