Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] [Q] How to check Veritas client 6.5 daemon running onLinux????

2009-02-09 11:04:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] [Q] How to check Veritas client 6.5 daemon running onLinux????
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'bbb bb'" <mccux1 AT hotmail DOT com>, "'aaa aaa'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:58:00 +0200

NBU connect daemons for Unix are bpcd and  vnetd. Both run threw xinetd.

To see if there is any problem check the NBU logs. Create the directories /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd  and /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/vnetd

A way to check the connectivity is to run the command “ telnet machinename 13724 “ and “ telnet machinename 13782 “.

Check if you have more than one network interfaces and that the DNS id working. Use the bpclntcmd command (search the troubleshooting manual for bpclntcmd)