Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM & VCB

2009-02-05 19:12:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM & VCB
From: "Justin King" <jking AT hnl.bcm DOT edu>
To: "nbu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 18:03:37 -0600
2 questions:

1. Is anyone using NOM that can give feedback on its value as a
reporting tool?

I have a 'simple' environment (without the Authorization & Authenication
extensions), and when I tried to install them, I ended up screwing
things up so badly that I had to recover the NBDB/EMM database from a
previous day.  I think I know what not to do next time, but I have about
10-12 media servers (Win/Linux mix) and would prefer to not install
VxSAT/Az on each.

2. I'm using 6.5.3 throughout the environment and just started doing VCB
backups.  For the most part, they seemed to be working okay; however,
all of the sudden without anything knowingly changing, I'm getting
'event out of sequence - image inconsistency (229)' error.  No idea
what's going on, and the docs say to change from FlashBackup to WinNT
policy type to 'correct'.  That's a poor workaround, IMHO.  Anyone seen
this and been able to overcome?

Thanks much in advance-
Justin King