Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] help in pushing to a MAC server.

2009-02-05 17:37:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] help in pushing to a MAC server.
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:09:37 -0600

Yes I am unix, but unfortunately I am not the person setting up the MAC’s.

I don’t even know the root password to MAC

My master is aix and I open up the java console and I go and push my updates to my unix clients.( I was able to push to all my aix servers ok)

1)      am I able to push  to a MAC like this?

2)      When I try to push I get the following output

02/05/2009 16:01:42

Installing software on Macserver...

Software installation on Macserver failed.

Software installation messages:

       Macserver ...

Client Macserver -- MACINTOSH hardware running MacOSX10.4

Installing NetBackup software on Macserver

Macserver.company.com: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

Client Macserver is not responding.

       Macserver install failed

I can go to client properties and open up the mac (currently at 6.5).

And I see it, but I am unable to push the 6.5.3 to it.

The admin says that SSH is enabled.

Anybody know what I have wrong?